D-021 | Combination Air Valve for Industry
The D-021 Combination Air Valve combines an air & vacuum component and an air release component in a single body. The valve is specially designed to operate with liquids carrying solid particles such as reclaimed water and effluents. The combination air valve discharges air (gas) during the filling or charging of the system, admits air into the system while it is being emptied of liquid and releases accumulated air (gas) from the system while it is operating under pressure. The valve’s unique design enables the separation of the liquid from the sealing mechanism and assures optimum working conditions.
- Working pressure range: 0.2 - 10 bar
- Testing pressure: 16 bar
- Maximum working temperature: 60° C.
- Maximum intermittent temperature: 90° C.
Note: For applications requiring a working temperature above the maximum stated or below 50 C., please consult first with the A.R.I. Applications Engineering Dept.
- The unique design of the valve prevents contact between the wastewater and the sealing mechanism by creating an air gap at the top of the valve. These features are achieved by:
- The conical body shape: designed to maintain the maximum distance between the liquid and the sealing mechanism and still obtain minimum body length.
- Independent spring-guided linkage between the lower float/rod assembly and the upper float sealing mechanism: allows free movement of the float and rod. Vibrations and movement of the lower float due to turbulence will not unseal the upper float sealing mechanism
- The Rolling Seal Mechanism: less sensitive to pressure differentials than a direct float seal. It accomplishes this by having a comparably large orifice for a wide pressure range (up to 10 bar).
- Funnel-shaped lower body: designed to ensure that residue reclaimed water solid matter will fall back into the system and be carried away by the main pipe.
- Body made of composite materials, resistant to corrosion.
- Internal metal parts are made of corrosion-resistant stainless steel. Floats are made of composite materials.
- Flexible rolling seal provides smooth positive opening, closing, and leak-free sealing over a wide range of pressure differentials.
- 1/8” threaded discharge outlet enables connection of a vent pipe.
- Dynamic design allows for high capacity air discharge while preventing premature closure.
- 1/4” ball valve releases trapped pressure and drains the valve body prior to maintenance and for back-flushing during maintenance.
Selección de la válvula
- Size Range: 1”& 2” with a BSP/NPT male threaded connection or with flanged ends to meet any requested standard.
- Additional one-way out check valve attachment allows air dischargeonly, not allowing air intake.
For best suitability, it is recommended to send the fluid chemical properties along with the valve request.
Upon ordering, please specify: model, size, working pressure, thread and flange standard and type of liquid.