S-021 | Automatic Air Release Valve
The S-021 Automatic Air Release Valve is specially designed to operate with liquids carrying low concentrations of solid particles.
The automatic air release valve releases accumulated air from the system while it is under pressure.
The valve’s unique design enables the separation of the liquid from the sealing mechanism and assures optimum working conditions.
The presence of air in a liquid transmission system can reduce the effective cross sectional flow area, resulting in increased head loss and decreased flow.
Unwanted air may also cause water hammer and metering inaccuracies, while hastening corrosion.
- Working pressure range: 0.2 - 10 bar
- Testing pressure: 16 bar
- Maximum working temperature: 60° C.
- Maximum intermittent temperature: 90° C.
Note: For applications requiring a working temperature above the maximum stated or below 50 C., please consult first with the A.R.I. Applications Engineering Dept.
- Body made of composite material, resistant to corrosion.
- Internal metal parts are made of corrosion-resistant materials.
- Floats are made of composite materials.
- Flexible rolling seal provides smooth positive opening, closing, and leak-free sealing over a wide range of pressure differentials.
- 1/8 "threaded discharge outlet enables connection of a vent pipe.
- 1/4” ball valve releases trapped pressure and drains the valve body prior to maintenance and for back-flushing during maintenance.
- The unique design of the valve prevents contact between the liquid and the sealing mechanism by creating an air gap at the top of the valve. These features are achieved by:
- The conical body shape: designed to maintain the maximum distance between the liquid and the sealing mechanism and still obtain minimum body length.
- Independent spring-guided linkage between the lower float/rod assembly and the upper float sealing mechanism: allows free movement of the float and rod. Vibrations and movement of the lower float due to turbulence will not unseal the upper float sealing mechanism.
- Funnel-shaped lower body: designed to ensure that residue solid matter will fall back into the system and be carried away by the main pipe.
- Rolling Seal: provides smooth positive opening, closing, and leak- free sealing over a wide range of pressure differentials.
Selección de la válvula
Size Range: 1”& 2”, BSP or NPT male threaded connection or flanged to meet any requested standard.
Additional one-way out check valve attachment allows air release, not allowing air intake.
For best suitability, it is recommended to send the fluid chemical properties along with the valve request.
Upon ordering, please specify: model, size, working pressure, thread and flange standard and type of liquid.