D-060 M1 | Combination Air Valve for Industry
The D-060 M1 Combination Air Valve has the features of both an air release valve and an air & vacuum valve.
The air release component is designed to automatically release small pockets of air to the atmosphere as they accumulate along a pipeline or piping system when it is full and operating under pressure.
The air & vacuum component is designed to automatically discharge or admit large volumes of air during the filling or draining of a pipeline or piping system. This valve will open to relieve negative pressures whenever water column separation occurs.
The D-060 M1 LP Combination Air Valve is specifically designed to work with systems requiring low pressure air valves. These air valves will seal tight at very low pressures.
- Working pressure range: 0.2 - 16 bar.
- Testing pressure for the air valve is 1.5 times its working pressure.
- Maximum working temperature: 60° C.
- Maximum intermittent temperature: 90° C.
Note: For applications requiring a working temperature above the maximum stated or below 50 C., please consult first with the A.R.I. Applications Engineering Dept.
- Aerodynamic design enables high flow rates of air both at intake and at discharge.
- Reliable operation reduces water hammer incidents.
- Dynamic design allows for high capacity air discharge while preventing premature closure.
- Screen protected outlet.
- The upper screen is protected with a protective cover.
Air Release Component
- Body made of high strength materials.
- All operating parts are made of specially selected corrosion- resistant materials.
- Large sized air release orifice:
- Dramatically reduces the possibility of obstruction by debris.
- Discharges high air flow rates.
- One size orifice for a wide pressure range (up to 16 bar), achieved by the rolling seal mechanism.
- Sizes: 3”, 4", 6”, 8", 10", 12".
- These valves are manufactured with flanged ends to meet any requested standard.
- The air release component and the air & vacuum component are available as separate units.
- The D-060 M1-I and D-060 M1 LP-I combination air valve (2” – 6” only) can be supplied with an optional In-only check valve attachment, allowing for air intake only; prevents air discharge.
- The D-060 M1-V and D-060 M1 LP-V combination air valve (2” – 6” only) can be supplied with an optional Out-only check valve attachment, allowing for air discharge only; prevents air intake.
For best suitability, it is recommended to send the fluid chemical properties along with the valve request.
Upon ordering, please specify: model, size, working pressure, thread and flange standard and type of liquid.