D-070 | Dynamic Combination Air Valve
The D-070 Dynamic Combination Air Valve is a unique valve, operating without a float and utilizing the rolling diaphragm principle. This unique structure allows the dynamic air valve to discharge air from the water system in a controlled and gradual manner, thus preventing slam and local up-surges. When vacuum (down-surge) occurs, the valve reacts quickly to admit large volumes of air into the water system, thus impeding down-surges and, consequently, all pressure surges in the line. The air & vacuum component of the dynamic air valve is normally closed when the line is not operating, thus preventing the infiltration of debris and insects into the water system.
The flush tap, when engaged, will open the air & vacuum orifice and discharge water through it to flush the air valve and the pipeline.
- Working pressure range: 0.2 - 16 bar.
- Testing pressure: 25 bar.
- Maximum working temperature: 60°C.
- Maximum intermittent temperature: 90°C.
Note: For applications requiring a working temperature above the maximum stated or below 50 C., please consult first with the A.R.I. Applications Engineering Dept.
- Flush tap for the purpose of flushing both the air valve and the pipeline.
- Internal components are corrosion-resistant.
- Prevents slam and reduces water surges in the air valve and the pipeline.
- Prevents the intrusion of debris and contaminants into the system.
- Valve is lightweight and small for easy installation; its operation simple and reliable.
- Built-in connection at the outlet for surplus water drainage.
- Smooth and gradual closing unaffected by water flow.
- Extremely quiet closing.
- Automatic air release component releases large quantities of air without becoming obstructed.
- Sizes: 3”, 4”, 6”, 8” and 12”.
- Valves are manufactured with flanged ends to meet any requested standard.
- Optional one-way D-070-I valve - intakes air only, without allowing air discharge.
For best fit, it is recommended that the composition of liquids and system requirements be defined in advance.
When ordering, please indicate the model, dimensions, working pressure, threading/flange standard and special coatings.