D-26SB | Underground Air Valve System for Wastewater
The D-26 SB is a complete product package that combines theThe D-26 SB is a complete product package that combines thereliable and efficient properties of the A.R.I. D-26 combinationwastewater air valve with the added feature of a sub-surface valvethat can be buried below ground. A specifically designed gear boxoperated horizontal sliding disc valve - situated at the base of theD-26 SB assembly - allows for the air valve disconnection andmaintenance from ground level.This shut-off valve is equipped with a safety mechanism enablingdisconnection and removal of the D-26 air valve from its subsurfacehousing, even when the system is under pressure. Since service andmaintenance operations of the unit are performed entirely from thesurface, there is no need for safety considerations associated withconfined space entry.The D-26 Combination Air Valve combines an air & vacuumcomponent and an air release component in a single body. Thevalve is specifically designed to operate with liquids carrying solidparticles such as wastewater and effluents. The combination air valvedischarges air during the filling or charging of the system, admits airinto the system during drainage and at water column separation andreleases accumulated air from the system while it is under pressureand operating. The valve’s unique design enables the separationof the liquid from the sealing mechanism and assures optimumworking conditions.
- The D-26 SB incorporates an integral, flat, gear box operatedThe D-26 SB incorporates an integral, flat, gear box operatedhorizontal sliding disc valve with a 3” full bore passage.
- The shut-off valve is operated from the surface.
- Easy and efficient back flushing can be achieved while the air valveEasy and efficient back flushing can be achieved while the air valveis in its sub-surface housing.
- All connections utilize quick connectors to facilitate easy usageAll connections utilize quick connectors to facilitate easy usageduring:
1. Handling (quick connector from adaptor to shut-off valve)
2. Maintenance operations (quick connectors on both the inlet &outlet flushing positions).
- Safety elements: Disengaging the air valve is safeguarded: unless theSafety elements: Disengaging the air valve is safeguarded: unless theshut-off valve is in the “closed” position and the internal pressure isreleased, it is not possible to extract the air valve.
- Pipe connections: 3” threaded (BSP/NPT) or flanged, inPipe connections: 3” threaded (BSP/NPT) or flanged, inaccordance with all standards.
- All parts are corrosion resistant: Metal parts made of Stainless