D-43 | Combination Air Valve PRO
The D-43 series Combination Air Valve has the features of both an air release valve and an air & vacuum valve. The air release component is designed to automatically release small pockets of air to the atmosphere as they accumulate along a pipeline or piping system when it is full and operating under pressure. The air & vacuum component is designed to automatically discharge or admit large volumes of air during the filling or draining of a pipeline or piping system. This valve will open to relieve negative pressures whenever water column separation occurs.
- Combines the features of both an air & vacuum valve and an air release valve.
- Triple function:
- Air & vacuum component discharges large volumes of air during filling of the system.
- Air & vacuum component admits large volumes of air during drainage and at water column separation.
- The air release component releases entrapped air in pressurized systems.
- Dynamic design allows for high velocity air discharge while preventing premature closure.
- Simple and reliable structure , small dimensions, lightweight.
- Available in sizes: 2" threaded male or female BSPT/NPT connections, BSP,NPT. Sizes 3" – 6" are manufactured with flanged ends to meet various requested standards.
Materials and Corrosion Protection
- 2" - The body is made of high-strength composite materials
- 3" – 8" The body is made of Ductile Iron.
- All operating parts are made of specially selected, corrosion- resistant materials.
- Working pressure range:
- 2” – 10 bar
- 3”- 8” – 16 bar
- Maximum operating temperature: 60°C.
- Maximum intermittent temperature: 90° C.
- For installation:
- At pump stations.
- Downstream and upstream of shut-off valves After deep-well pumps.
- On long constant-sloped pipeline segments.
- At peaks along the pipeline and at peaks relative to hydraulic gradient.
- Additional protective shell for anti-vandalism/theft applications.