D-025 | Combination Air Valve for Industry
The D-025 Combination Air Valve combines an air & vacuum component and an air release component in a single body. The valve is specially designed to operate with liquids carrying solid particles. The combination air valve discharges air (gases) during the filling or charging of the system, admits air into the system during drainage and at water column separation and releases accumulated air (gases) from the system while it is under pressure and operating. The valve’s unique design enables the separation of the liquid from the sealing mechanism and assures optimum working conditions.
- Working pressure range: 0.2 - 10 bar.
- Testing pressure: 16 bar.
- Maximum working temperature: 60° C.
- Maximum intermittent temperature: 90° C.
Note: For applications requiring a working temperature above the maximum stated or below 50 C., please consult first with the A.R.I. Applications Engineering Dept.
- The unique design of the valve prevents contact between the liquid and the sealing mechanism by creating an air gap at the top of the valve. These features are achieved by:
- The conical body shape: designed to maintain the maximum distance between the liquid and the sealing mechanism and still obtain minimum body length.
- Independent spring-guided linkage between the lower float/rod assembly and the upper float sealing mechanism: allows free movement of the float and rod. Vibrations and movement of the lower float due to turbulence will not unseal the upper float sealing mechanism.
- The Rolling Seal Mechanism: less sensitive to pressure differentials than a direct float seal. It accomplishes this by having a comparably large orifice for a wide pressure range (up to 10 bar).
- Funnel-shaped lower body: designed to ensure that residue solid matter will fall back into the system and be carried away by the main pipe.
- 1 ½” threaded discharge outlet enables the connection of a vent pipe.
- Dynamic design allows for high capacity air discharge while preventing premature closure.
- The ball valve can be opened to release trapped pressure and drain the valve body prior to maintenance and for back-flushing during maintenance.
Selección de la válvula
- These valves are available in 2” and 3” with a BSP/NPT male threaded connection or flanged, standard upon request.
- With a One-way, Out-only attachment, allows for air discharge only, prevents air intake.
- With a Vacuum Breaker, In-only attachment, allows for air intake only, prevents air discharge.
- With a Non-Slam discharge-throttling attachment, allows for free air intake, throttles air discharge.
For best suitability, it is recommended to send the fluid chemical properties along with the valve request.
Upon ordering, please specify: model, size, working pressure, thread and flange standard and type of liquid.