The Environment and Us
Products for Helping the Environment
A.R.I is committed to minimizing the impact of its activities on the environment (See: A.R.I Environment Policy Statement below). We see our mission as not only to protect the environment from within the company but also to provide product lines that help others to reduce damaging effects to the environment. ARI products will reduce pathogen and contaminant intrusion into potable water systems, pathogen and contaminant seepage from wastewater systems into water sources (ground water, lakes, ponds etc.) and revenue and non-revenue water losses.
Using the software program analyses of ARIavCAD and Surge 2010, A.R.I surge reducing air valves can be strategically placed on water and wastewater transmissions systems to reduce the damaging effects of pressure transients which cause pipe burst, fractures and cracks and their subsequent water losses.
The A.R.I Unmeasured Flow Reducer (UFR) is used on household water lines adjacent to the water meter to detect leaks in the system and also change the flow regimen to enable measuring of water that was previously immeasurable.
A.R.I Environment Policy Statement
The management of A.R.I. Flow Control Accessories LTD. will act to reduce and eliminate the environmental consequences resulting from its operations by a system based on environmental management standard ISO 14001:2004, while maintaining the appropriate safety conditions. The company management and its workers are committed to constantly maintain and improve the environmental quality of the firm and its activities. The company has set for itself a work plan for achieving its objectives in the pursuance of environmental quality.
A.R.I. Flow Control Accessories LTD. products will contribute to the improvement of the quality of the environment. The management of A.R.I. Flow Control Accessories LTD. will direct resources to increase product development and applications that contribute to improvement of the quality of the environment.
This policy stance will be implemented according to the following objectives:
- Create a strong awareness among all employees of issues on environmental quality.
- Take initiatives to examine environmental aspects of the company while maintaining high performance levels.
- Meet all requirements and uphold all laws, orders, regulations and other requirements in the field of environmental quality.
For reducing the environmental impact the following steps will be taken:
- The management of A.R.I. Flow Control Accessories LTD. will set each year an annual work plan which will determine the goals for that year.
- A report on actions taken and objectives achieved within the framework of the annual work plan will be prepared and presented to the Board of Directors of the company as well as to the authorities responsible for protecting the environment.
- The company's environmental policy, within the framework of ISO 14001:2004, will be set forth in this document, disseminated to all company employees and assimilated through procedures and training and will be available to the public.
- The management of A.R.I. Flow Control Accessories LTD. will define, as is possible, clear and measurable environmental objectives and aspire to meet them at all times.
- The management of A.R.I. Flow Control Accessories LTD. will dedicate the resources and means necessary to ensure the reduction and elimination of all damaging influences on the environment as a result of activities such as: sewage, land pollution, solid waste disposal, etc.
- The management of A.R.I. Flow Control Accessories LTD. and its employees see themselves as responsible, committed and involved in all aspects of environment protection and implementing all environmental policies of the company.
- The management of A.R.I. Flow Control Accessories LTD. will deal with all environmental issues relevant to its operations and brief its employees in all aspects of the environmental management system it adopted.
- The management of A.R.I. Flow Control Accessories LTD. will inform its customers and suppliers regarding the adopted environmental policy and initiate information and training activities among its suppliers to enhance their awareness to the issues of environmental quality.
- The management of A.R.I. Flow Control Accessories LTD. is aware that its factory operates in a rural environment situated near by natural water sources and therefore will act accordingly and assign resources to perform the actions required to prevent environmental pollution to the region and its water sources.
This environmental policy will be available to the general public and to all interested parties at all times and through various means.
The "Beautiful Factory" Competition
A.R.I. has been a participant since 2005 in the "Beautiful Industry" competition in the 'Metals Industry' category. Every factory can participate in this competition but must meet certain criteria. These criteria serve as the basis for the scoring by the judges (between3-4 judges tour each factory).
The criteria are:
- External and internal appearance of the plant – order and cleanliness.
- Signage and directions both inside and outside the plant.
- Services and equipment for guaranteeing worker and plant safety.
- Manpower and employee welfare services.
- Protection of the environment and recycling.
- Contributing and giving back to the community.
Each year points are allotted and “Beautiful Industry” stars are awarded based on a score of 2-5 with 5 being the highest score. A.R.I. has been awarded 5 stars continuously for the past years. On the 2021 we received the gold star which is awarded for receiving 5 stars for 5 years in a row.