S-020 HC VB S-022 HC VB | High Capacity Automatic Air Release Valve with Vacuum Breaker
The S-020/S-022 HC VB automatic air release valve releases accumulated air/gas from the system while it is operating under pressure. The presence of air/gas in the system can reduce the effective cross sectional flow area, resulting in increased pressure loss and deceased flow. Unwanted air/gas may also cause water hammer and metering inaccuracies, while hastening corrosion.
The S-020/S-022 HC VB automatic air release component builds an air/gas pocket inside the valve body, separating the liquid with its solid particles from the sealing mechanism and ensuring a leak-free seal. When pressure develops in the S-020/S-022 HC VB air valve, the vacuum breaker orifice is completely closed. With a reduction in pressure during drainage, pump shut off or water column separation, the pressure on the vacuum breaker sealing assembly is diminished. It drops down, opening the vacuum breaker orifice and allowing for the intake of air from the atmosphere into the system and protecting it from vacuum conditions.
- Working pressure range: S-020 HC VB : 0-16 bar (PN16)
S-022 HC VB : 0-25 bar (PN25)
- Testing Pressure: 1.5 times the maximum working pressure.
- Maximum operating temperature: 60°C.
- Maximum intermittent temperature: 90° C.
- Size range: 2”– 4”.
- These valves are manufactured with flanged ends to meet any requested standard
- The 2”, 3" valve is available both BSP or NPT male threaded connection and flanged. 4"- flanged only.
- Valve body coating: fusion bonded epoxy coating in compliance with standard DIN 30677-2.