D-060NS | Combination Air Valve
PN 16/25/40 – DN 50-250
The D-060 NS series slam dampening Combination Air Valve has the features of both an air release valve and an air & vacuum valve. The air release component is designed to automatically release small pockets of air to the atmosphere as they accumulate along a pipeline or piping system when it is full and operating under pressure. The air & vacuum component is designed to automatically discharge or admit large volumes of air during the filling or draining of a pipeline or piping system. This valve will open to relieve negative pressures whenever water column separation occurs.
- A surge-dampening, slam-preventing, 3-stage combination air valve.
- The air valve provides high capacity vacuum protection and, at the same time, efficient surge suppression.
- Triple function:
- Air & vacuum component discharges large volumes of air during filling of the system.
- Air & vacuum component admits large volumes of air during drainage and at water column separation.
- The air release component releases entrapped air in pressurized systems.
- All main flow cross-sections are equal or greater than the nominal port area.
- Special orifice seat design: combination of bronze and E.P.D.M. rubber assures long-term maintenance-free operation.
- Available in sizes: 2"- 10" (till 8" for D065).
- These valves are manufactured with flanged ends to meet any requested standard.
Materials and Corrosion Protection
- Body and cover made of Ductile Iron ASTM A-536 60-40-18.
- Valve coating: fusion bonded epoxy coating according to standard DIN 30677-2.
- Other coatings are available upon request.
- Air Release Component:
- Body made of high strength composite materials.
- D-060-C/D-062 models have a protective shell made of Cast Iron ASTM A-48 CL35B/Ductile Iron ASTM A-536-60-40-18.
- All operating parts are made of specially selected corrosion- resistant polymer materials.
- Working pressure range:
- D-060 NS, D-060-C NS - 0.2-16 BAR.
- D-062 NS – 0.2-25 BAR.
- D-065 NS – 0.2-40 BAR.
- Maximum operating temperature: 60°C.
- Maximum intermittent temperature: 90° C.
- Installation at the points of water pipelines where water column separation occurs, on peaks with steep slopes, and at points where anticipated conditions of surge and water hammer can occur.
Last Updated on: Thursday, 01 August 2019