D-040 | Combination Air Valve for Industry
The D-040 series Combination Air Valve has the features of both an air release valve and an air & vacuum valve.
The air release component is designed to automatically release small pockets of air to the atmosphere as they accumulate along a pipeline or piping system when it is full and operating under pressure.
The air & vacuum component is designed to automatically discharge or admit large volumes of air during the filling or draining of a pipeline or piping system. This valve will open to relieve negative pressures whenever water column separation occurs.
- Working pressure range:
- D-040 PA, St. St., PVDF, and Duplex: 0.2 - 16 bar
- D-040 PP: 0.2 - 10 bar
- Testing pressure: 1.5 times the maximum working pressure.
- Maximum working temperature: 60° C.
- Maximum intermittent temperature: 90° C.
Note: For applications requiring a working temperature above the maximum stated or below 50 C., please consult first with the A.R.I. Applications Engineering Dept.
- Reliable operation reduces water hammer incidents.
- Dynamic design allows for high capacity air discharge while preventing premature closure.
- Lightweight, small dimensions, simple and reliable structure.
- The discharge outlet enables the connection of a vent/drain pipe
- The large size of the automatic air release orifice relative to the air valve body:
- Discharges air at high flow rates.
- Lessens the danger of its obstruction by debris.
- Utilizes the rolling seal mechanism, making it less sensitive to pressure differential than a direct float seal.
- Due to its light weight, the valve may be installed on plastic piping systems, as well as other lightweight piping systems.
- Wide size range: 1/2”, 3/4”, 1”, 2” threaded male connections, NPT or BSPT.
- The D-040 series:
- D-040 – reinforced nylon body and base
- D-040 PP - polypropylene body and base
- D-040 PVDF - PVDF body and base
- D-040 ST ST – stainless steel body and base
- D-040 DP – duplex 5A body and base
- The air valve is also available as a low pressure air valve, D-040 LP, with a pressure range of 0.5 – 6 bar
For best suitability, it is recommended to send the fluid chemical properties along with the valve request.
Upon ordering, please specify: model, size, working pressure, thread and flange standard and type of liquid.