D-060 NS M1 | Non-Slam Combination Air Valve
The D-060 NS M1 Combination Air Valve is a surge-dampening, slam-preventing, 3-stage combination air valve.
It has the features of both an air release valve and an air & vacuum valve.
The air release component is designed to automatically release small pockets of air to the atmosphere as they accumulate along a pipeline or piping system when it is full and operating under pressure.
The air & vacuum component is designed to automatically discharge or admit large volumes of air during the filling or draining of a pipeline or piping system. This valve will open to relieve negative pressures whenever water column separation occurs.
- Working pressure range: 0.2-16 bar.
- Testing pressure for the air valve is 1.5 times its working pressure.
- Maximum working temperature: 60°C.
- Maximum intermittent temperature: 90°C.
Note: For applications requiring a working temperature above the maximum stated or below 50 C., please consult first with the A.R.I. Applications Engineering Dept.
- Aerodynamic design enables high flow rates of air both at intake and at discharge.
- Reliable operation reduces water hammer incidents.
- Dynamic design allows for high capacity air discharge while preventing premature closure.
- Screen protected outlet.
- The outlet screen is protected with a protective cover.
Air Release Component
- Body made of high strength materials.
- All operating parts are made of specially selected corrosion- resistant polymer materials.
- Large sized air release orifice:
- Dramatically reduces the possibility of obstruction by debris.
- Discharges high air flow rates.
- One size orifice for a wide pressure range, achieved by utilizing the rolling seal mechanism.
- Size Range: 3”- 10”
- These valves are manufactured with flanged ends to meet any requested standard.
- The automatic air release component and the air & vacuum component are available as separate units.
The built- in throttling device on the Non-Slam disc of the D-060 HF NS M1 Combination Air Valves will allow for the graduated opening and closing of the disc orifice.
- The orifice size of the disc can be adjusted to control and throttle the discharge of air during pipeline filling and during the return of the water column after separation.
- The controlled discharge of air will reduce surge effects and provide for a silent closure of the air valve.
- The closure of the orifice can be determined by running a surge analysis or by a decision taken in the field.
- The orifice throttling device allows for a wide range of options from 100% open, partially open, partially closed to 100% closed.
For best suitability, it is recommended to send the fluid chemical properties along with the valve request.
Upon ordering, please specify: model, size, working pressure, threads standard and type of liquid.